Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Compatriots

Friends, they are your family away from family. I've been reflecting the role of friends lately. It occurs to me that I've underestimated my need for close friends. I've always had good friends at each place I've gone to, but none that I could truly confide in. Maybe the reason that I'm no good at empathizing with people is because I've never really had that kind of friendship. A part of my walk with Christ is fellowship with my brothers and sisters. I've been a bit antisocial this last month and it's been evident that my Faith is out of balance. In the Old Testament, Jonathan was the model of a true friend. He stood with David through thick and thin. Even against his own dad (his dad was kind of a jerk)! So that being said I'm praying for the skills of true friendship.

I'm so glad my parents named me Jonathan. My dad suggested it and he wasn't even a Christian at the time. God had a great plan for his life! There's so much that I want to ask my dad, but I'll have to wait.

well thats about all for now folks
stay classy,
Jonathan Olsen

No comments:

Post a Comment